Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Fall FOTD with Laura Mercier Sandglow and Rouge d'Armani 609

[Products in this post were purchased by me.]

I bought a Laura Mercier caviar stick and it's pretty rad. It wears pretty rock solid over primer, or sans primer but with a powder shadow layered over it. Even on the lower lash line! I have Sandglow, but I want a couple more. I wouldn't mind having Shannon's collection! If you want to see more of Sandglow, you can check out Teri's or Sunny's reviews.
Layering theBalm's Jet-setting Jennifer over Sandglow is one of my favorite ways to wear it; Jet-setting Jennifer adds just a touch more gold and interesting duochrome.

I like layering shadow over Sandglow to add dimension - you don't have to be as careful with powder shadow placement. Just apply the caviar stick, blend out gently with a finger, and then pat a shadow over it. Add another in the crease, if you like. Finish with liner, and voila! An easy peasy look. I decided that I was also going to try to wear all of the lipsticks in my fall lipstick lineup for the posts this month, so you can get an idea of how they look again. I started with my favorite vamp.
On eyes: Laura Mercier Sandglow under theBalm Jet-setting Jennifer and Caught-in-the-act Courtney, Tarte MultiplEYE Liquid liner.
On lips: Rouge d'Armani 609.





Rose Gold and Grey Pearl are next on my list. I like how easy they make my eye makeup routine. And I like the versatility - the combinations with powder shadows are endless!
What happens on days that I forget to put on eye cream in the morning... T_T

What's your favorite cream stick shadow? 

Sandglow ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiolxysilicate, mica (CI 77019), polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, ozokerite, octyldodecanol, synthetic beeswax, lecithin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, +/-: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides).