Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Juice

[Product purchased by me.]
Gray, matte tube.

Even though I still love bold lip shades, I've taken a liking to the sheer variety this summer. I don't have Kate's or Becca's collections of sheer, juicy lip shades, but I've picked up a few here and there.
On nails: Dior Shadow.

This is the latest: Bite Beauty's Lush Lip Tint in Juice. I saw Becca's review and thought they looked like good options for hydrating, barely-there lip colors. I need my sheer lip shades to be at least somewhat moisturizing, as I like to wear them on low-key days to bring a bit of cheer to my face. If they're not hydrating, though, I might as well collect more Dior gloss.
Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in Juice
This one mostly delivers. I find that I can wear it for a full day comfortably (with several re-applications, of course - it is sheer), and that makes me happy. It's got a milkiness to it - it's not quite a jelly finish. But I like it. It's perfect for summer, but I think it will also serve in winter, on days when you just want to look flushed and fresh, like you just came in out of the cold. For another look featuring this product, see this post.
Other makeup: I forget what base I was wearing. Erm.
Eyes: Tarte
Gold under Fyrinnae Jade Ghost, Smashbox Limitless Liquid liner, Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara, MUFE Aqua Brow 25
Cheeks: Dior Capri
At $24 each, they are pricey, but I don't have the same comfortable wear with the drugstore versions that I've tried (my lips are so, so picky). The tube is a little weird - it snaps shut, but you have to press hard, and the swivel-up portion is kind of rickety and shakes back and forth. Hasn't affected the product itself, yet, but still something to note.

Do you have any of these lush lip tints? How do you feel about sheer lipsticks or tinted lip balms?

active ingredients: 10 mg trans-resveratrol from red wine polphenol and polygonum cuspidatum
other ingredients: organic ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, organic argania spinosa (argan) oil, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, triisostearyl citrate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, organic cera alba (beeswax), acacia decurrens/jojoba/sunflower seed wax/polyglyceryl-3 esters, siraitia grosvenorii fruit extract, polygonum cuspidatum extract, vitis vinifera (grape) vine extract, tocopherol
+/-: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) carmine (CI 75470), FD&C Blue no. 1 (CI 42090), FD&C yellow no. 5 (CI 19140), FD&C yellow no. 6 (CI15895), FD&C red no. 40 (CI 16035), manganese violet


[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]