Saturday, July 6, 2013

Haus of Gloi Earl Grey is My Cup of Tea

[All things in this post were purchased by me.]

I sort of don't want to do this to you, since the Earl Grey products aren't available on the Haus of Gloi site anymore, but, well. Too bad. You must hear about tea. And I think it's a scent that is re-released every summer, so there's that to look forward to, right? Next year!

I'm going to tease you with a review of the Earl Grey perfume oil, because it is amazing and I must rave. Described as "Strong black tea misted over with bergamot," it's a delightful tea scent, with that lovely sweet tea base, lightened with a splash of bergamot. The opening is zesty and bright, while the finish is more mellow. It's like when you squeeze citrus into your tea; the initial sip is a little sour and you can still smell the citrus oil in the air. But with a couple more sips, the flavor balances itself, and you have a perfect cup.

It's not cloying or sugary - I take my tea black, thank you. The bergamot makes it lighter, summery - not the sort of thing you need a thunderstorm for, though it will definitely carry you through any gloomy downpour. You won't smell like tea leaves - there's no mustiness or earthiness here - it is more the perfume profile for black tea, and it is utterly satiating.

I've been wearing it in the daytime and at night; it's equally stimulating in the morning and soothing at bedtime. One of my favorites this summer, for sure. If it is indeed re-released next year and it sounds like your cup of tea (! sorry!), pounce.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]