Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Caudalie Divine Oil: Too Many FEELS

[Products in this post were gifted to me. By friends. Which I totally have.]

Um, that title sounds vaguely creeper.

Let's ignore that.

What I mean to say, is that I've had a mini bottle of Caudalie's Divine Oil sitting around for months, and have only just opened it up (it was gifted to me by the intensely fabulous Wandz). But! I have good reasons!

I was already using my heavy duty Pumpkin Butters (HoG) to stave off winter dryness. And I had heard so many good things about THE Divine Oil, that I wasn't sure it could live up to the hype - WHAT WOULD I DO? Also, while I love the idea of being a well-moisturized (eep. And there we go with the creeper adjectives, again. You'll have to excuse me - I'm busy dissertating at the moment and I have no intelligent words left. Not that my dissertation is hugely intelligent. Or intelligible.), glowing, gleaming goddess, the prospect of rubbing oil all over myself is kind of...tiring. And greasy.

BUT. (I know, I know, you're protesting that THE DIVINE OIL is not greasy. You have to let me get there, you know?) This is one of those happy endings where the heroine is like OMG HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND, YOU ARE THE ONE FOR ME. And we all live happily ever after. BECAUSE GUYS. CAUDALIE'S DIVINE OIL IS DIVINE.

(I could not resist, yes).

But the smells! And the fuss-free spray packaging! (Except, don't accidentally spray the wall! Your husband frowns at you!) And the way it sinks into skin so readily and easily without leaving a greasy residue. Plus did I mention that it smells like flowers? Like Kai fragrance, to be exact - not as strong but definitely as lovely.

The full bottle has been added to my ever-growing Sephora wishlist. It's dreamy. One thing though - how many sprays does it take you to cover all your limbs? I feel like my bottle won't last that long, even if I'm not moisturizing the walls.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]