Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Shampoo + Conditioner for Larie: Renpure Originals

[All products in this post were purchased by me.]
Purchased on sale from my local drugstore, Bartell Drugs. So happy that they carry so many "greener" lines. Fun fact: the bottle says the products aren't tested on animals, they're tested on the Redmonds! (family who owns the company) That made me giggle.
I switch up my shampoo and conditioner every time, and I also share with S., so I get to try a lot of different things. I occasionally go back to favorites, so I'm sure I'll come back to this at some future date, because I like it.

Renpure is from the Redmond family, and claims "no sodium chloride, salt, dyes, sulfates, parabens, gluten," which is good but interesting, as "salt" is a general term. Most people consider "salt" to be sodium chloride. But it doesn't have any other ionic salts in the ingredient list, so I guess they mean it in the actual chemical sense.

The Renpure Originals Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner are quite nice. The shampoo lathers up well in the shower for a sulfate-free brand, and it smells nice. In an almost white-floral, shampoo-y way. Same for the Argan oil conditioner. It's very fluid, absorbs well into hair, and is lightly scented. I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes for best results. The scent remains after rinsing, so if you're sensitive, take a sniff in store. Afterward, my hair is definitely smooth and light; not gunky, not dry, not excessively fluffy. I like it.

Drugstore.com lists both of these for $5.99 each, which is about what I paid. Not bad for a smaller brand that tries to steer clear of certain ingredients. Recommended.

Ingredients for shampoo: Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauryl Lactylate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Sorbitol, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Silicon Quaternium 17, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 10, Citric Acid, Diazolidnyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance 

Ingredients for conditioner: Purified Water, Cetrimonium Chloride (Palm Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol (Palm Oil), Behentrimonium Chloride (Rapeseed Oil), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Hypnea Musciformis Extract (Red Seaweed), Gellidiela Acerosa Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Sorbitol, Silicon Quaternium 17, Diazolidinyl Urea, Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

(ingredients lists from drugstore.com)

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]