Saturday, June 15, 2013

NARS TM in Finland: Thoughts

[I purchased this during Beauty.com's FF sale.]
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland (yep, I'm that pale). 
I like tinted moisturizers. Now that I have drier skin, I appreciate the extra bit of moisture, the fairly high SPF, and the bit of coverage that they typically offer. I prefer ones with a naturally dewy finish, and I need to feel the effect of the extra moisture. Essentially, all the things that separate a tinted moisturizer from a regular liquid foundation need to be there.

With the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, I think they are. 
  • Coverage is light to medium (on the lighter side) - skin still looks and feels like skin, which is important to me.
  • SPF 30. Not the highest, but better than SPF 15. I always wear sunscreen + moisturizer daily, anyway.
  • Mixture of chemical + physical sunscreens (octinoxate and titanium dioxide); I prefer physical, but this is okay.
  • Finish is slightly dewy. Not as wet as Dior's Hydra Life TM (which also feels dewy to touch all day), but definitely not a matte finish. Not quite as dewy as I expected.
  • Good color match for my skin (I'm NC20-ish.), though I also think there's a bit of play here. You don't have to get an exact match.
  • Wears well over facial oils.
  • Dimethicone is the second ingredient, but it doesn't feel super slick and silicone-y.
  • I don't notice any drastic fading or breaking down of coverage by the end of the day.
Wearing NARS Pure Radiant TM in Finland, plus eye makeup, concealer (under eyes) and blush.
I'm not sure that this is the tinted moisturizer to end all, but it's what I was looking for and it's comfortable enough to wear daily. Bottom line? This summer's staple.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]