Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm All About Orange: MAC Rising Sun and Honey Jasmine

I love orange blush, lip gloss, and even lipstick. So it's not really any surprise that MAC enticed me with their All About Orange release. Once it hit Nordstrom.com, I ordered Honey Jasmine and Rising Sun - a satin finish blush and a cremesheen gloss, respectively.
MAC Rising Sun cremesheen gloss and Honey Jasmine powder blush.
They don't disappoint. I've finished an orange gloss before, because I find the shade (in a jelly/sparsely glitter finish) flattering and easy to wear - more so than pink, actually. Rising Sun is thicker than Dior Orange Pareo, which means it goes on more thinly, if that makes sense. The doe foot applicator makes it a bit harder to spread out, too...I think I may be a brush gloss convert! Color wise, it's not as pigmented or glittery as Orange Pareo, but it still falls in the same color family and it's very glossy. Since I can't have Orange Pareo back, this'll do.
NARS TM in Finland, Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach, MAC Whisper of Gilt
MUFE Aqua Brow 25
Becca Beach Tint in Vicuna, theBalm Nude'Tude palette
MAC Honey Jasmine
MAC Rising Sun
Honey Jasmine is an orange-peach. Not as yellow as MAC Fresh Honey and not as coral as Senna Clarity, I'm happy to find that it is different and a nice poppy flush for summer. I would have liked a straightforwardly orange blush, but that's okay. As I was telling Tracy, the boss blush fiend, it is the summer of blush! Probably because I'm on a neutral eyes kick.

These products are limited edition but still available on Nordstrom's website at the time of writing. They might be at counters, too - I haven't been to an actual physical store in a very long time, though, so I couldn't tell you. I'm happy about the orange theme! How do you feel about orange? Did you pick anything up?

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]