Saturday, May 18, 2013

My New Go-To Hand Cream: Yes to Carrots!

"What...what is this? Momma, I am not a backdrop."
Well. But he's soft. Like my hands, now!
...
Never mind.
Winter wreaked havoc on my hands. I climb, which means I bury them in chalk for a few hours each week, and I teach and do science - lots of hand washing. Add that to dry winter air and hot water in the pipes, and you can see why my hands were extremely unhappy. I also had run out of hand cream.

Not good. So when I made a drugstore.com order, I picked out a budget-friendly hand cream. I went with the Yes to Carrots Daily Softening Hand + Elbow Cream because it was on sale and is paraben-free. Luckily, it's also awesome. It's not heavily scented (something soft and vague, like a shea butter), it's not greasy, and sinks in easily. It leaves my hands soft and they feel moisturized. And the dry cracks and peeling have started to fade. Happy days!

The best thing is that it's $9.99 for a whopping 6.76 oz, and frequently on sale. On the downside, it's not easily slipped into a small clutch or handbag, but they have a smaller, intense version that I may try next for easy transportation. Still, this one lives on my desk during the week and on the end table on the weekend, so it's always on hand. (Ha. Ha. Okay. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist).

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl 3 Stearate, Brassica Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Sea Water, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Maris Limus Silt Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Honey Extract, Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Niacin, Triisostearin, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Brassicyl Isoleucinate Esylate, Brassica Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Benzoate, Fragrance

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]