Monday, April 1, 2013

Going "Natural" For Spring

I like to wear brighter clothing - neons, pastels - in the spring, along with a muted palette for the face, so that it doesn't compete or clash with my outfit choices.

This is also sort of an "eat your words, Larie," post, because I had sworn off Tarte products for a while - they just didn't work for me. But I was recently gifted a handful of Tarte items, and I've fallen in love. The products just worked together for a really "natural" look - soft, pretty, and perfect for spring. I think of romance and freshness, new starts and brightness, and this kind of embodies all of that for me.
All products were a gift from a friend (THANK YOU!):
Tarte SmolderEYES 
Onyx, MultiplEYE Lash-Enhancing Liquid Liner
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Stellar
Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Exposed
All of these products are easy to use (the chubby eye pencil actually blends out really easily! And lasts without creasing, without primer. I'm impressed) and comfortable to wear; the matte lip pencil is not drying and I'm curious about the shades in the matte line. Hurray for friends, hurray for gifts, and hurray for "my face but better" makeup. Sometimes that's all we need.

Have you "lightened up" for spring?

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]