Monday, April 8, 2013

FOTD: Red All Over?

[Some products in this post were received as gifts, and are marked with a star *. All other products were purchased by me.]

After reading yesterday's post, I'm sure you wanted to know what the grand plan was for a red eye shadow. I will admit, it's not the most easily worn item, but I was looking for something different. And I was inspired by photos like this:
(source)
I went for something that was sort of similar, in terms of using the same general shade on eyes, cheeks, and lips.
Becca Vicuna Eye Tint, Strawberry Beach Tint, Sephora Cherry on Top*, MAC Whisper of Gilt.

I will warn you right now: I did something to my hair. One afternoon, I got tired of bangs poking me in the eye and S. wasn't home to help me trim them, so I trimmed them...really short. Hahahaha. So I look ridiculous, but hair grows back, and it's not in my eyes any more. Let's focus on the makeup here, people!

(Incidentally, I have a hair appointment next week and I'm kind of afraid. Which, well, seems silly, since it's my hair and if I want to look like I hacked it off with a pair of safety scissors, that's my prerogative, isn't it? But I guess since I pay my stylist to make me look decent, I probably shouldn't sabotage her. She's a dear.)
NARS Sheer Glow in Ceylan + Benefit Fake-Up* + Bobbi Brown Corrector
MUFE Aqua Brow
25
Tarte MultiplEYE Lash-Enhancing Liner*
And all the products shown in the first photo.

Red, red, red.
I layered Cherry on Top over Vicuna to soften it a little bit. It turned out a little shimmery , but the shadow itself is matte.
It's actually pretty wearable, I think. The eye shadow is a little cooler than the Becca Beach Tint, but overall, I think it kind of worked. In case you're not on board with the mono-shade look (MAC Fashion Sets, anyone?), I have a tamer red eye shadow look coming up tomorrow.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]