Monday, March 18, 2013

Pajamas Perfumes

Moving on with March Madness: The Fragrance Edition. This is, of course, the winter/cold weather pajamas perfume post, because in the summer, I have an entirely different set of scents going (and the sleepytime wardrobe changes, as well, to account for the warmer nights). You may say it's spring now, but "spring" is not a thing that happens in Seattle.

Liz wrote a lovely post about the power of aromatherapy, and that's sort of what I'm trying to show here. These scents are soothing in their own way, and make dreaming that much easier.
Oh yes, I know you're envious of the cupcakes on my pjs.

Haus of Gloi Madcap Garden (not shown, as I just ran out!)
This is one of the permanent scents in the Haus lineup, described in the listing as "a lively blend, pure black tea chilled with peppermint and the tiniest spike of sweet honey. Very unisex, stimulating, addictive, and bright." It is one of the most delightful tea scents I have ever chanced upon, and I adore it. The peppermint is cool and doesn't overpower the tea; the honey sweetens the whole deal. It is very bright, but soothing in the manner of most black tea scents. I'm thinking of buying a bottle of the oil, as I'm going back to unscented lotions (too much smell confusion!).

Sweet Anthem Edith (solid twist-up shown here)
Edith is another beeswax fragrance; Sweet Anthem's description is: "Hopeful for a banner year after a season of so much loss. Dewy orchids, a doleful bitter orange, and pithy lilacs are soothed by faintly glimmering candlelight." Notes are: bitter orange, rosewood leaf (head), lilac, orchid (heart), beeswax, rosewood (base). It was released in Wintertiming 2012, and I haven't stopped wearing it since I bought it. The orange is crisp and bright against the soothing whisper of orchids and lilacs, and the whole of it is grounded in that deliciously musky beeswax. This is less spicy than Joan, which makes it an apt bedtime scent (though I often wear it during the day, as well).

Solstice Scents Snowshoe Pass (perfume oil)
I've raved about this before, but it is still a wintertime favorite. Smoky base, subtle marshmallow-vanilla sweetness, breath of cool, soothing mint. So, so good.

Kai Fragrance (perfume oil sample)
Sometimes I like the green sweetness of gardenias at night. Floral without being powdery or too strong, this is a nice, close-to-the-skin option.

Amazing Grace by Philosophy
I gave this just a mediocre review, but it's grown on me. Clean and faintly floral, watery and light - it's a lovely bedtime scent, but also perfect for days when I want some sort of fragrance, but nothing too.

Lulu Beauty She Belongs There
Another solid scent, because the format lends itself to subtlety and since it's all butters, putting them on at night is ideal - don't have to worry about getting lotioned-up fingers everywhere. This is another white floral (something about mellow white florals soothes me, I guess) that I like to apply both in the daytime and at night.

Do you wear perfume or scented lotions at night? What are your favorites?