Friday, March 1, 2013

Empties + Rejects, February 2013

Burning through more things. I'm trying to keep track of what things I have backups of and what I'd like to repurchase, because I don't want to end up having to repurchase ALL THE THINGS at once. That would make me sad.

Empties

Aveda Damage Control spray
This lasted forever. Seriously. More than a year and a half, with daily use. I really like this - has that herbal Aveda scent, keeps hair tangle-free and provides heat and UV protection. I bought a gel version recently, though, which is supposed to keep hair poofiness (the technical term, yes) down, so I'm trying that one for now.

Vichy Proeven Daily Dark Spot Corrector
I really do feel like this one worked. I've been using it since July, though at some point I started rotating in another product so a tube wouldn't really last 6 months of twice-a-day use. I will repurchase this when I've gone through my Clinique Even Better serum samples - I've got two from a 100-pt perk. Those work, as well, but I like this Vichy one better.

Haus of Gloi Mini Honeysuckle Lemon Curd Bubbling Scrub
I like the Haus bubbling scrubs. This scent is pretty nice, not too cleanser-esque. I've got a big jar of another scrub right now, but I'd buy more HoG ones in the future.

Solstice Scents Gingerbread and Vanilla Cream Body Ganache
I think perhaps it is the ginger that made this at times a little too...savory. The vanilla elements were delicious, but I can only take smelling like food for so long. I do like the texture, but the scent wasn't my favorite.

L'Occitane Honey Hand Cream, mini tube
Smells divine but I'm not a huge fan of the texture. Stays greasy for a little too long and also makes my hands slick in a weird, plasticky way. Apparently not for me. Good thing I just bought a mini to try! I want to buy some lovely smelling hand creams again, but for now I'm going to use the tube of FAB Ultra Repair Cream that came in a set I bought last fall.

And that's it for this round, boys and girls! I want to go through some of my samples, but eh, too much work. Maybe I'll make an effort of it next month. The problem is, most of it is skincare and I hate trialling skincare - plus, there isn't enough in a little sachet to get a feel for the product, anyway. Bah. Please tell me you're like me and have a bag full of samples. That's normal, right?