Saturday, February 23, 2013

Wishlist: Basics

wishlist: basics

wishlist: basics by eyeheartit 
Just a quick snapshot of items that I'm currently looking at. They're all "practical" in the sense that they're things that I consider to be basics. I am trying to get on without an eye primer right now, and it has made me realize that I really do prefer wearing shadows over primer. I'm over UDPP, hated Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and liked NARS except for the packaging - LORAC's is next on my list. 

NARS Stylo in Carpates is probably the thing I'll cave to first. I'm trying to use up a cream liner and it simply will not do, and I wear black eye liner every day. So my current appearance is that of a raccoon, which also will not do.

Running out of night eye cream, which brings Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye (what does that mean, by the way? That's not really a name) to the list.

And I like dark lipsticks, which means I need a lip liner. I can't be bothered to get lip liners that match every shade, so I want the Dior Universal Contour lip liner. I've heard raves about it. No more bleeding or feathering lipstick!

Finally, the sorry state of my nails suggests that I might want to get some sort of treatment base coat. The Deborah Lippmann Rehydrating Base Coat is supposed to be a winner.

There you have it. I also want some Sonia Kashuk eye brushes, but I haven't looked into it too much yet. Do you  have a favorite? I haven't bought a piece of makeup since the beginning of the year, mostly because I don't seem to want anything that badly.  I do desperately want to try the NARS Stylo, because I'm tired of SMUDGING, but $27 is putting a pause in my step. And since I've decided that my budget for fun things now includes makeup - rather than allowing a separate budget for beauty/bath - I'm really thinking everything over.

What do you consider to be makeup staples? What's on your wishlist?

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]