Friday, February 22, 2013

LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo!

I have a confession. I usually wash my hair every night.

Bad, I know. But here's the thing - I usually engage in some sort of exercise/physical activity during the day (rock climbing, Muay Thai, some vague sort of weight training regimen) and sweaty hair is gross. So, I wash it. I've been trying to be a bit better about this, though. So I bought a dry shampoo to test out.
Hahaha. I bought this in the summer, actually. But uh, haven't really gotten around to using it very much until now. I didn't really get the hang of how to use it. So I let it sit for a long time! 
I will admit that I don't use it too often; maybe once a week? But I figure a little break is better than nothing. And as I work myself up to it, maybe I'll use it more frequently.

The LUSH dry shampoo smells good (grapefruit/citrus), and comes out as a soft powder. I usually "poof" some into my hand (squeeze the bottle) and then flip my hair over, rub my hands together, and then run them both through my roots. If you just try to apply it to your hair directly or when your hair is already parted, the white powder will be pretty obvious. And I think when I flip over my hair, I get a bit of volume back, which is kind of the point, right? To avoid the flat, greasy-haired look.

I kind of like this - it has a cheery smell and it does freshen up my hair. I'm going to make an effort to use it much more often!

Do you use a dry shampoo, or some other form of traditional shampoo reprieve?

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]