Saturday, February 9, 2013

Experiments of the Week: Feb. 3 - 9

That sounds very science-y, doesn't it? Ah. Ha. Can't get away. (Sigh.)

Last month's "Beauty Week at a Glance" posts were fun, but the photo editing is a bit of work and I wasn't up for that this month. Also, last month's project allowed me to go through and re-discover products, but this month I want to focus on different ways of wearing them.

So, we're going to go through and test some of the application methods that I've always wanted to try - or have failed at - and see if my opinion changes. I'm going to pick three a week, and try to do them at least once during the week. I may also throw in some "wear different products" type challenges, as well, just to change things up frequently.

This past week, the prompts were:
1. Wear brown eye liner alone, without blending it into black.
2. Wear 2 different eye shadows every day - no repeats.
3. Bring eyeshadow down to under the lower lashline.

I combined 1 and 3 this week. I was surprised by how much I liked the effect of bringing a soft shadow under my eyes, as well. It helped reduce the appearance of liner smudging, and brightened the eyes considerably.
With an instagram filter (I can't remember which). On eyes: Becca Vicuna, theBalm Nude'Tude Stand-offish,  Silly, Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 liner, L'oreal Voluminous Power Volume mascara. Lips: Fresh Sugar Rose Treatment. Cheeks: Uh. Erm. I don't remember.
And here's a photo of the eyeshadows I wore this week.
On Sunday, I wore L'Oreal Sahara Treasure with theBalm All About Alex in the center of the lid, and Risqué Renee in the crease. Monday, was theBalm Luscious Lani, Easy Wheezie, and Jealous Jordana. On Tuesday, I wore the gold, copper, and dark brown shades in TT Wonderful. For Wednesday, I wore the combination shown above: theBalm Stand-offish and Silly. Thursday was theBalm Stubborn and Selfish. Friday was Jet-Setting Jennifer and Sophisticated. Saturday, I wore the corner shades in Burberry Pink Taupe (look coming soon).

I'm trying to play with different methods of wearing makeup in an effort to keep myself from getting bored, and because there are all kinds of looks out there that I always want to try. This is kind of a way of letting me experiment with components of looks on a daily basis without having to go all out and do a LOOK. You know?

Anyway. What are some makeup application methods that you'd like to try, or that you'd like to see me try?