Sunday, February 24, 2013

Experiments of the Week: Feb. 17 - 23

Last week's goals:
  • use white eyeliner as a base
  • layer lipstick and gloss - experiment with combinations!
  • use lipstick as blush
White eyeliner of choice: Tarina Tarantino Crystal Gun. I picked it up on sale when Sephora was clearing out their products. I kind of like it and wish I had picked up more (I only bought one other, a turquoise). I layered it under the green shade from Shiseido YE406 - on the lower lashline and the lid - which made it a smidge brighter. I was aiming for color, and it was very cheerful! I filled out the rest of my face with peachy orange tones - Dior Aurora, MAC Fresh Honey, and Makeup Forever N37 + Revlon Gold Dust on lips. (oh, see that? Layering lipstick and gloss, too!)
My hair likes to photobomb me. Whatever.


This next look combines the other two tasks: layering lipstick and gloss, and using lipstick as blush. Bottom line? Marcelle Rouge Xpression in Cleopatra makes a really good blush. Creamy and easy to apply, and it lasted all day as a lovely fuchsia flush. Excited to try one of the other Rouge Xpressions in this manner! It's like one of those fancy lip/cheek sticks!
Could have used more eyeliner in this look. Ah, well.

Layered Revlon Super Lustrous Coral Reef gloss over Marcelle Rouge Xpression in Cleopatra on lips; layered Guerlain Sunny Pink* over Cleopatra on cheeks. Sticking to the peach and pink theme, I used Rapunzel Had Extensions on eyes, with just a little bit of Urban Decay Woodstock in the center of the lid. It was a very colorful look, but it was cheerful and I rather liked it.

Well, that's it for this week. (Also, I swear I own more than one scarf, but that happens to be the one I wear when I take photos, I guess.) One more week, and then I get to give all of this "being creative" nonsense a break, ha! 

*won in a brand-hosted giveaway on Twitter
[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]