Friday, February 15, 2013

And Now for Something Fun: A Tag

I was tagged by the beautiful Joanne at The Convenient Beauty, who said such nice things about me, ha! Thank you, Joanne! And thanks for the fun questions!

1. What is the first beauty product you bought?
Erm. Um. Probably a Bonne Bell lip gloss or something as a child. Or something from Tinkerbell. Do you remember that?

2. Name your favorite shade of blush.
Probably an apricot or actual orange shade. Not peach!

3. If you could only own one eyeshadow palette (no more than 5 shades), what would it be?
Yikes, what a hard question! I'm not sure! I do like the palettes I have, but! I kind of want that LORAC palette that came out during the holidays. It looks really versatile.

4. What is your favorite look for formal events?
I like to think that I play up my eyes and do a red lip, but I think I usually just end up with something classic and more natural - well-defined eyes, MLBB lips. Except, I did wear red lipstick on my wedding day!

5. Do you coordinate your makeup with your outfits and how? 
Haha! Tracy hates this, but sometimes I do put elements of color from my outfits into my eye makeup. But usually I try to go for something more complementary than matchy-matchy.

6. What did you wear to your first date?
Uh. I have no idea. Sorry! My first date was in high school and I really don't remember. I do actually remember what both S. and I were wearing the first time we went out on a date, though, surprisingly enough.

7. Where would you go for the ultimate fun?
Oh! That's a tough one. I'd love to travel to some new place - that's always fun - but if I'm going to be practical and stay home, perhaps a climbing gym? :)

8. What is your go-to way of applying foundation, brushes, sponges or clean fingers?
For liquid foundation, clean fingers. For powders, a brush.

9. Who inspire your love of beauty?
I think I have an interest in makeup because I grew up watching my mum apply it every morning/evening, and she's quite good.

10. What is your beauty style?
I like to think that makeup is for fun, as well as for boosting your own personal self-confidence. Which isn't to say that I think I need makeup to feel like a real person. That's not it at all. But you know, it's hard to feel like my best self when I've got undereye bags or blemishes or whatever, and makeup does help with that. Also, I do enjoy the artistic elements of applying makeup, and that I can draw attention to whatever features I choose with careful application, so that's fun, as well. I try not to take it all too seriously, though! It comes off, after all!

11. If you could only play up one feature of your face from day to night, what would you choose?
Hm! That's a tough one! Years ago I would have immediately answered eyes, but now I don't know! A red lip is a powerful thing! And easier than adding on more shadow and mascara, haha! So maybe we'll go with lips.

Okay! Now, eleven questions of my own? (Holy moly).
1. Favorite lipstick of all time. (Or just right now. I know we're fickle).
2. What album/band/song have you been listening to lately?
3. If you found just $10 in your pocket right now, what would you spend it on?
4. Last book you really enjoyed?
5. Favorite healthy snack?
6. Favorite not healthy snack? (Can you tell I'm hungry right now?)
7. Favorite body lotion (I need some recs, hahahaha.)?
8. Favorite children's movie?
9. Mac or PC? :D
10. Last item you returned?
11. Favorite ice cream flavor?

I tag...(but you don't have to if you don't want to, haha! This is why I hate tagging people. I feel guilty).
Vita, Lena, Cassy, Laura, MM, Amy, and Monika! They are lovely ladies, all. Funny, vibrant, and beautiful, and you should be reading their blogs!