Saturday, January 26, 2013

OMG Nail Art: "Fishtail Mani"

I never, ever do fancy patterns with my nails because I have no skills or patience, but after seeing this tutorial and realizing that a fishtail mani is basically a series of overlapping lines, I decided to give it a shot. Lines that follow the natural curve of your nails are much more friendly than squiggles or free hand ribbons or the other craziness that goes on. Also, my nails were longer than they usually are (I've been sick and haven't been climbing), which meant there was also more "canvas" to work with, and that made it seem more do-able, as well.

I picked these shades because I wanted ones that were mostly opaque in one coat, and I wanted some contrast rather than a single color gradient. It took forever, but it was kind of fun!
Revlon Gold Coin, Essie Tart Deco, Essie Mint Candy Apple

Well, what do you say? Are you going to give it a shot?