Friday, January 11, 2013

EOTD: A Basic Smokey Eye

I've been trying to do different things with my eye looks, lately. They don't all come out well, though, and half the time I'm giggling in the bathroom at how horrendous a look came out. Or swearing. Depends on my mood.

This was more of a swearing session. It's not that I hate it, it's just that it's a bit messy, and also not quite as dramatic as I would have liked. I should have brought the black down to the lower lashline, but that's a pain to clean up! Maybe next time. I also need to invest in some new eye brushes, preferably some synthetic ones. What are your favorites?
The things. Revlon Gold Dust, theBalm Nude'Tude, Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in 02 Black, Shiseido Camellia Compact. Forgot to include mascara, but it's my trusty L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume Collagen thing.

Anyway, here's the look. I was going for a simple smokey eye; simple, because it really only used one black eye shadow instead of all that blending and smudging and what not. I did use a black base, but it wasn't anything fancy, and was more of a template for the eye shadow shape.
I tried to give it a bit of a wing. Or something. They're uneven but let's ignore that, shall we?

And the full face. Had to do a nude lip, right?
Face: Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector + Annabelle BB Compact Makeup in Light/Medium
So, yeah, well. They don't all turn out well, right? I'll have to keep trying!

What's your favorite method of creating a smokey eye?