Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beauty & Blogging Projects and Goals

Now that I've shared my other interest and goals for the year, let's talk about the beauty and blog related ones.

1. Try out new, different looks.
One of two editorial looks I've ever done...hahahaha.

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll see that I can go pin-crazy and pin all sorts of cool and beautiful looks. But I never attempt any of them! This must change. Part of the appeal of makeup is the fun that can be created with it, and I want to branch out a little more and try different things! This will also make me use the items I have, as my feeling is that makeup was meant to be USED. I'm not a collector in that sense.

2. Buy less things.
No, really.

3. Incorporate different kinds of blog posts.
My indecision-filled, violet-themed post seemed to be well-received! (How many hyphens can you use? Ha!)

I don't have the funds to pump out review after review, and to be honest, that gets boring. I am going to try to be a little more creative and artistic...we'll see how that goes. I'm also going to try to bring out more "Beauty of Science" posts. I have two coming up very soon already!

4. Find the ultimate black eyeliner.
Because life is too short for shitty ones (pardon the language, but I mean it).

5. Reduce
I really have to start using what I have. We all say this every year, but it's true. I think I may Back to MAC some items that I never use just to cut down on the sheer amount (and carefully pick out a lipstick that I will use to replace it) and then just be prudent about things from here on out. I'm really going to make an effort this year, especially with lip products.

What are some of your beauty-related goals? Do we share any?