Saturday, December 1, 2012

Something Like an Editorial Look: Copper + Red Lips

In this week's Thursday Post, I linked a few editorial looks that I wanted to try - and that I wanted Xiao to try. She pulled the aqua look off beautifully, which made me a bit nervous about attempting a look myself. I rarely do editorial looks because 1. I'm lazy, 2. I don't look for many looks (no magazines), 3. I have no skillz, and 4. I'm really lazy. But I've been bored, lately, and feeling a bit blah about makeup, so I decided to give it a go.
The inspiration.
(Source)
I tried the last look from that post, because I was going to run errands and I thought the Costco people might look at me funny if I ran around with gold stripes under my eyes.
NOT SMILING IS HARD, GUYS.

My take is of course, not quite the same, because I have a very different facial structure and I don't have monolids. Still, I had fun putting it all together. I do think this one is a little more wearable - more so if you skip lining the waterline (which I hate doing because it burns and looks so dramatic), so please give it at try!

To recreate the glowing, warm skin, I used my Dior Hydra Tint - it's the dewiest finish I have, and is also a bit warm in shade. I patted on Bobbi Brown's corrector in Peach under my eyes, and then dusted MAC MSFN in Medium all over my face to tone down the shine and also to seal in the undereye makeup. I used Tarte's Hotel Heiress in the hollows of my cheeks, and MAC Whisper of Gilt along the cheekbone.

For the eyes, I prepped with Becca Eye Tint in Vicuna, and Too Faced Lemon Drop Shadow Insurance under the eyes. I patted theBalm's Racy Kacy (Shady Lady Vol. 3) over my lids in a rough half moon shape, putting most of the color on the edges and leaving a gap in the center of the lid. Then I went over it with the copper shade from the Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette, using a fluffier brush to smooth out the harsh lines. I patted the gold shade from Wonderful onto the center of the lid, at the inner corners, and then took it under the bottom lash line to the outer corner.

With the dark brown shade from the same palette, I blended in the outer edges. I lined with Clinique's gel liner - top lash line, wing, and waterline.

And finished it off with MAC Cherry lipliner and Rouge d'Armani 400, for that glossy, high-shine red lip.

I can't not smile. It's hard. I feel like a fool - and look like a fool. But I gave it my best, guys. :P
Yeah. So there you go. I want to try the gold undereye look next, so maybe when I have some time I'll give that the old college try.

What do you think? Will you try any of those eye looks?