Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November Favorites

This month's favorites reflect both new acquisitions and the rediscovery of old products. I'm trying a slightly different format here, too; the product name links you to my original review, if it already exists.
It's not makeup, but I've been loving those Whimsy Beading earrings! So well-made and adorable. Have gotten loads of compliments on them :)

Becca Cosmetics Berry Twist
New. This fabulous lip gloss is perfect for the season. The texture is wearable and it lasts a good long while.

Becca Cosmetics Vicuna Eye Tint
Also new to me this month. Not strongly pigmented, but I love the glow it gives my lids and it's easy to use. I layer powder shadows over it, and everything stays picture-perfect all day.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (not pictured)
Another old standby. I love this stuff. In the winter, I use it on my feet and any other dry spots. I also use it on my face to soothe rashes, especially any reactions to products.

MAC Stratus and Illamasqua Libido
I've been reaching for darker, more pigmented blushes lately - reds and plums. These are both gorgeous shades, and the perfect complements to vampy lips.

Real Techniques Blush Brush
This has changed the world of powder blush for me, and it was only $8.99! Makes it impossible to overdo blush; its long, soft, soft hairs make applying brush a dream. So soft. If you don't have one, get one.

Solstice Scents Snowshoe Pass perfume oil
This comes out when it starts to get cold, as it is so comforting. It's still my "pajamas perfume," though I do wear it at other times, too. I've been wearing a lot of different perfumes this month, but this is a nighttime staple.

Alterna Kendi Bamboo Smooth Oil
It's been making my hair smooth and shiny and soft to the touch. I put a few drops in my hand (my hair is thickish, I guess) and run it through my hair post-shower. In the morning: awesome hair. #fistpump

That's it for me over here. Definitely started using all of the winter products - heavier moisturizers, body lotions, etc. Do you overhaul all of your products at the turning of the seasons, or do you just use whatever you still have?