Sunday, December 30, 2012

L'oreal Shine Caresse Gloss Stain in Everlasting Caramel

I was curious about these - more curious than I've been about a drugstore lip product in a long time (return policies! Lack of testers!). It so happened that I had a coupon for $1 off of a L'oreal lip product, and the local drugstore was having a BOGO 50% off sale on L'oreal. So I bought Everlasting Caramel (the other was the Infallible Golden Emerald).
L'oreal Shine Caresse Gloss Stain in Everlasting Caramel. On nails: Butter London West End Wonderland.

I know, you're saying, "It's brown." But I've been looking for brown, as it was the only color I didn't own, and it seemed prudent to experiment with a more budget-friendly lip product.
Kind of a burnt orange/brown shade. I like it. *shrugs*
And you know, I really like it! I know brown reminds everyone of the 90s, etc., but I wasn't old enough to wear makeup back then, so perhaps I don't feel the same burn. As far as the formula goes, it's comfortable to wear and dries down nicely into a glossy finish. It doesn't last forever - a couple of hours - but I don't mind reapplying. It does have a really strong, sweet floral scent. It's weird. And really strong. Fades after application, though.
Paired with the right things, I think it can look nice and not dated at all. But you be the judge!
Face: Bobbi Brown
Peach Corrector, Annabelle BB Compact Makeup in Light/Medium
Eyes: Becca Vicuna, Burberry Pink Taupe quad, Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner 02 Black, Urban Decay Bourbon.
Cheeks: MAC
Stratus
Lips: L'oreal Shine Caresse Gloss Stain in Everlasting Caramel

It's at least season appropriate, and will also look great in the summer on bronzed skin, I think. What do you think? Brown, no brown? Have you tried these drugstore gems yet?