Saturday, December 22, 2012

Empties + Rejects, V11

A bit of clearing out before next week's indulgences ;) This round's empties aren't as plentiful as last month's, but I am getting a feel for how long it takes me to go through products, and that's definitely shaping my consumer practices. Also, expiration dates!!! And, I've felt the travel bug lately, and I want to have money to go and see the world. I'm trying to be better about restraining myself from buying so many material things. Of course, I'm still a beauty blogger, so the purchases do happen, but I'm trying to be even better about only buying items that will see a lot of use and that are worth the money.

Empties

Solstice Scents Lavender Vanilla Body Ganache
Heavier than the Alchemic Muse lotion I was using previously, but in the winter, that's a good thing. It's not greasy and sinks in readily, and my skin does feel less dry to the touch afterward. Less dry patches on my elbows and such, as well. I like this one. The lavender vanilla scent was a little sweeter than I like my lavender scents, I think, but still comforting. Would recommend.

Solstice Scents Nightgown perfume sample
This is a glorious, glorious white floral, with a dreamy whisper of soft vanilla and a hint of green. I really like it. I wore it with Jo Malone Vanilla and Anise a lot, because the spice of the Jo Malone added a bit of zest, keeping it fresh for summer (which seems so long ago!). I want to buy a full size, but I'm currently swimming in perfume. Maybe I'll buy some other bath and body goodies in this scent.

Bain de Terre Purite shampoo and conditioner (not pictured)
It takes me forever to get through hair products since my hair is short. I liked these and the lack of sulfates, but I get bored easily and I like to rotate hair products. Picking up something different this go-around.

Clinique Even Better Moisturizer
I didn't really like this. I think it broke my face out so after a while I switched to using it on my neck and hands only. It's kind of greasy and I don't know about the skin-tone correcting properties. I like their serum much better and will stick to that.

Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint in 1 Natural
Finally! All gone! I made an effort to finish this up this month; it added an extra bit of hydration in the winter. I'm a bit torn over it. It's a really wet moisturizer, so it never really dries down and skin feels and looks dewy all day. I usually tone it down with powder, so I think I'll try something else next time.

Expired/Rejects

Sephora Long-Lasting Liner in Fancy Blue
I'm usually better about tossing eye products, because I'm much more conscious of the fact that eyes are important and I don't want to be shoving junk in them. So! This is going. It's pretty much gone, anyway, as I did use it quite often. I love the color and formula and would repurchase in the future.

Milani Liquid Eye Tech
I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure this made my eyelids itch. Going to try NARS's Stylo when I run out of my other black liquid liner.

Milani Liquif'Eye in Black
Nothing remarkable. I don't understand the name and it still smudged. It's pretty soft. I think it is comparable to UD's version at a cheaper price point, though. Have had this kicking around for a while so I'm just tossing it.

I also gave away a bunch of nail polish this month, to a friend who likes polish but is a little better about restraining herself than I am. That felt good, too. All in all, not bad. I've done a lot of clearing out of boxes and other random clutter and it feels nice! Quality over quantity from here on out, guys! Do you have a new makeup goal for 2013?