Monday, December 17, 2012

Currently In Rotation

This is a post idea I stole - unabashedly - from Xiao: several snapshots of what I'm using most often right now, to give you a feel for what really goes on Chez Larie.

Not all of these items are "HG" or my favorite favorites - they're simply what I'm using right now or when I'm pressed for time - something easy to fall back on.

CONCEALER AND BASE
Bobbi Brown Corrector in PeachMAC MSFNAnnabelle BB Compact MakeupReal Techniques Buffing BrushEcoTools Kabuki


Pat corrector on the undereye area (I use my ring finger), lightly brush MAC MSFN or Annabelle BB Compact Makeup over this area and then all over the face.

EYE SHADOW
Tarina Tarantino Wonderful PaletteBecca Vicuna,  L'oreal Sahara TreasuretheBalm Nude'Tude palette 


Vicuna goes on first to prime lids and give them a faint shimmer. Go-to neutrals are L'Oreal Sahara Treasure, the non-green shades in TT Wonderful, and SnobbyStubborn, Stand-offish, Schitzo and Sleek from the Nude'Tude palette.

EYE LINER AND MASCARA
 Shiseido curler, Benefit Magic Ink, Urban Decay BourbonL'oreal Voluminous Power Volume Collagen Waterproof Mascara


If I'm in a rush, I skip mascara. If I want to impress, I give it a go. But always: eye liner.

BLUSH
 MAC Fresh HoneyMAC Early Morning, Senna Cosmetics Très JolieReal Techniques Blush Brush


Flattering powder blush + fluffiest brush in the world = easy peasy.

LIPS
Annabelle CoralistaDior Orange Pareo, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment


In the winter especially, gloss and balm are key - I like moisturizing ones that don't gunk up with time or reapplication. I hate the mini Fresh balms and love the big ones (packaging!) but I have the free Sephora gifts to use up, so that's what I'm using.

That wraps this up. What are your easy go-tos? Do you usually stick with a tried and true look when you're in a rush or trying to impress?