Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012, Larie-Style

2012 is coming to a close! The world didn't end (because really, if the Mayans predicted catastrophe, wouldn't they have written: "WORLD ENDS AT THIS POINT" on their calendar instead? Honestly), In the next year I'll be wrapping up my thesis work, writing the actual dissertation, and finding a new job/home. Did I mention that S. will be doing the same things? It will be a bit chaotic Chez Larie, but I'll do my best to keep up with the blog. It gives me a happy outlet and allows me to interact with all of you lovely folk!

So let's see 2012 go out with style! Here are some of my favorites from the year, by category. Hope you enjoy! Click the product names for relevant reviews, if they exist.

FACE
Clockwise from top left: NARS Sheer Glow Ceylan, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Annabelle BB Compact Makeup in Light/Medium, MAC MSFN in Medium


EYES/EYE-LIKE THINGS
L-R: Becca Vicuna Eye Tint, Tarina Tarantino Wonderful Palette, L'Oreal Sahara Treasure, Golden Emerald Infallibles, L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume Collagen Waterproof Mascara, MUFE Aqua Brow #25
CHEEKS
Clockwise from top left: Shiseido Camellia Compact, MAC Fresh Honey Mineralize Blush, MAC Whisper of Gilt Skinfinish, MAC Early Morning Mineralize Blush, Illamasqua Libido Cream Blusher, Senna Cosmetics Très Jolie blush
LIPS
Uh...in some vague T-B, L-R fashion: Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss in Berry TwistMarcelle Rouge Xpression in CleopatraDior Addict Ultra Gloss in Orange PareoFresh Sugar Lip Treatment (I prefer the big ones, but I have a mini right now), Rouge d'Armani 609Annabelle Volume Lip in CoraliciousNARS Pure Matte in Mascate.

Nails
Clockwise from top left: Dior St. Tropez, OPI Goldeneye, Butter London Wallis, OPI You Only Live Twice, Dior Shadow, Butter London La Moss, Butter London Horse Power, Butter London Hardwear.

Brushes
L-R: Real Techniques Stippling Brush, Blush Brush, Buffing Brush, Shading Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Brow Brush. I like these brushes, okay? Synthetic and budget-friendly.
I didn't do skincare because I'm currently still sorting out a new skincare routine for this year's drier skin. For hair, my favorite is the Alterna Kendi Bamboo Oil, and I don't do much more with it. Tried to keep the commentary short with this and just showcase the products! What were your favorites this year - anything new and exciting that blew you away? 

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!