Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Empties + Rejects, V10

Here we go again! There are so many empties this month! It definitely goes in cycles - sometimes I have a lot of things, sometimes I can just barely scrounge up a used sample packet. Hahaha. And it's not like I make a concerted effort to finish most products! Only if they suck. And sometimes I just toss them at that point. LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR THINGS THAT SUCK. The end.

Empties

Clinique Super City Block SPF 40
I've gone through countless tubes of these. I picked up another one at the CCO a couple of months ago for $4 off, which made me happy. I have been thinking about switching to another facial sunscreen - one that contains only physical sunscreens - but the quest seems daunting right now. When my new tube starts to run low, I'll start trying new things out. Do you have a favorite facial sunscreen? I prefer one separate from my moisturizer.

The Body Shop Aloe Toner
Alcohol-free and recommended by the Reductionista. Gentle, non-drying, does a good job at removing any traces of anything that might be left over from a cleanse. Already repurchased, though it comes in a new bottle now; it's a slightly harder plastic and I preferred the old one - easier to squeeze.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
My second tube this year. I have two mini ones to go through now (Sephora birthday gift, woohoo!). I've decided that the mini ones don't fit my lips well and seem fragile, so I think I will keep buying the regular ones. Maybe I'll even branch out to different colors. Whoa. Wild.

Solstice Scents Root Beer Whipped Soap
This jar lasted way longer than I expected it to (I opened it at the beginning of August) and it was delightful to the last bit. Definitely getting more SS whipped soaps. I have one more (in a summer scent...isn't it annoying how that works out?) but I'll be sure to snap up some of their winter goodies! I'm trying a Yule whipped soap from Haus of Gloi right now, though!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
I love this stuff. Good for use on the face and the body. I use it during the cold months on my feet, because they get really dry. I also use it on my face (under eyes at night, on cheeks when I have too much redness). It's really fabulous. I bought a set from Sephora with all kinds of FAB goodies in it, including another tub of this stuff. This is the exception to my "no stuff in tubs" rule.

Alchemic Muse Vanilla Bourbon Foaming Body Scrub
As I mentioned in my review, this isn't my favorite scent. I do really like the scrub, though - it lathers up nicely and isn't too harsh or excessively gritty. I would definitely repurchase, but right now I'm trying scrubs from other indie shops to see which one I like best.

NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
I think this is the month to be fed up with poor packaging. I refuse to buy any more moisturizers in jars (I have a cream that I'm using up, and a favorite eye cream that doesn't come in any other packaging, argh) and I'm on the fence about this because of the tube packaging. I think I want to try a squeeze tube primer. However, this does work really well, so I'll have to think about it some more.

Neutrogena Waterproof Eye makeup remover
I feel like I go through these really quickly (the last one I emptied was in August - that's about 3-4 months, I guess? How long does it take you to go through eye makeup remover?) so even though they're cheap and work fairly well, I'm not sure if I will repurchase. For now, I have a Marcelle remover that I like, so we'll see.

Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Fireside candle - giant and mini.
I don't burn these things as often as I should, though I do like walking by an open candle and catching a waft of its sweet scent. These are finally finished, but I, erm, bought two different candles to delight us this winter.


Bath and Body Works Homemade Cookies candle
This is an older candle. I wasn't initially impressed with it, but we burned through it this past month and it really does make the place smell like cookies. Not really synthetic or cloying, though. I'd buy another one in the future.


Expired
That Clinique jar is full of another Stila shadow that crumbled. Tossing.

Mum came to visit and made some comments about tossing out her eye shadows once they got too old. Which got me thinking...if even my mother, who uses up her lipsticks and hits pan on everything, tosses her makeup because of age, I NEED TO BE DOING THIS. So I got rid of some of my older shadows: two Stila palettes, two Stila singles, and essentially the rest of my indie shadows (except Fyrinnae). I feel better. I also got rid of an older mascara and a nubby Zero pencil that I never use. Expect more cleaning in months to come.

Woohoo! I have some other items that are on their last legs, too, so next month may be wild, as well. Who can tell?