Sunday, November 11, 2012

Currently Loving: Things in SQUEEZE TUBES

I know I just ranted about a squeeze tube gloss, but this is different. This is tints and gels and texture and performance wise, it's all different. AND AMAZING.
Becca Strawberry Beach Tint, Becca Vicuna Eye Tint, MUFE Aqua Brow #25
These things have made it onto the daily routine (well, sometimes not the Beach Tint, depending on the colors I'm using). All of them last all day, and are water-resistant.
The Eye Tint tip is exactly the same, and the MUFE Aqua Brow tip is very similar, as well.

The MUFE Aqua Brow is super easy to use.

The MUFE Aqua Brow gives a very natural finish - doesn't make my brows look drawn in/painted on at all (though I do have sort of full brows to begin with), and the color is fabulous. Many brow colors are too warm, but #25 matches beautifully. I use a Real Techniques Angled brush to apply.
Vicuna Eye Tint in a dot, and then blended.
The Eye Tint is a pale champagne color, one of my favorites. It is the same color as my skin, so I've been using it as a base to even out the eyelid a smidgen and to provide a glowing base. Works beautifully; after layering on a powder shadow, I don't get any creasing. It is really, really, sheer, though - not much of a color, just a kind of pearlescent sheen. I doubt the shade would show up on anyone.
Had to play around with the Strawberry Beach Tint swatch. Used Urban Decay Covet for the leaves and Benefit Magic Ink for the seeds. Becca Strawberry is a gorgeous orange red. GORGEOUS.
The Beach Tint is fairly easy to apply (though everyone is right - mash up your tube first to prevent the product from separating) on both lips and cheeks, though I find it can be a bit splotchy on cheeks; I haven't found quite the right technique yet. On lips:
Becca Strawberry Beach Tint. Dries matte. Actually quite drying, which is a shame, since I love the matte finish. Applied with my fingers. 
All together, now!
Face: Bobbi Brown Corrector (Peach), Smashbox High Definition Concealer (Light), Annabelle BB Compact Makeup
Brows: MUFE Aqua Brow #25

Eyes: Becca Vicuna Eye Tint, L'Oreal Sahara Treasure, theBalm Sleek, Benefit Magic Ink, Urban Decay Bourbon, L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume
Cheeks: Becca Strawberry Beach Tint, Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
Lips: Becca
Strawberry Beach Tint
And bonus: strawberry matches the fish on my earrings, haha!
Earrings from: Pretty Kiku.
Ingredients:
Becca Beach Tint 
Becca Eye Tint
MUFE Aqua Brow
I bought my Becca products from the Becca Cosmetics website. I bought the MUFE Aqua Brow from Sephora. The Eye Tint is $24, the Beach Tint is $25, and the MUFE Aqua Brow is $20. All seem like they will last a long time, as they only require a teeny bit per use.