Saturday, October 20, 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag: Honeymoon Edition

I'M BACK. Thanks so much for all of your congratulations and happy thoughts!

I figured I'd share what I brought with me on my honeymoon. Since we drove up to Vancouver, I didn't need to pack up tiny little bottles of liquid and blah blah blah. I tried to keep things simple, but we were also going out to nice dinners, etc. (and I had to meet a Bandit!) so I also brought a couple of "showstopping" lipsticks. Three, to be exact. Don't judge.
NARS Sheer Glow in Ceylan, and Bobbi Brown corrector in Peach.

First, for the face. I ended up using the NARS foundation exactly once, ha. This is because I bought the Annabelle BB powder while I was in Vancouver, and also...I've just been going out with less face stuff. *shrug* It's a stage, I guess. I have been loving the Bobbi Brown corrector, though, so it came with me.
MUFE Aqua Brow #25 (which is asdflkje amazing!), theBalm Nude'Tude palette, L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume mascara, Benefit Magic Ink, Urban Decay Bourbon, and NARS Eye Shadow Base.

This time I even have swatches of theBalm's Nude'tude palette, which was gifted to me by the gorgeous Danielle of the Bloomin' Beauty Blog.
I don't think I've ever used the brush.
All swatched with a finger on to bare skin, no primer.
Direct light (Ottlite).
Not the most "neutral" neutral palette out there, but neutral enough. I was able to create a lot of easy, wearable looks with this palette. I wasn't really up to fussing about with makeup, so "wearable" and "easy" were key.
Senna Cosmetics Très Jolie, Rouge d'Armani 400, 510, 609, and MAC lip liner in Cherry.

For lips and cheeks, I stuck to one blush - a soft, flattering pink - three Armani lipsticks (because of their lasting power), and a red lip liner, to make sure my red lip was really clean. I did wear each lipstick at least once, though I also, erm, bought a handful of Marcelle lipsticks. *cough* More about those later.
EcoTools mini eye brush set, Shiseido curler, Real Techniques angled brush (for brows), EcoTools brow brush, Ecotools Blush Brush.
I kept the tool kit sparse, too, because I just did not want to fuss around with everything (sense a theme here? Haha). These are the bare necessities - mostly eye brushes. And a blush brush. This is pretty much what I use on a daily basis, anyway.

The skincare stuff was composed of mostly minis and travel sized items that I have accumulated - products that I use on a daily basis, as well, because I don't like trying to use all kinds of new items at once. Recipe for disaster, that! So I kept it simple and small. Overall, I was quite proud of myself. And we had a lot of fun! I have a lot of  Canadian goodies to show you all, as well as some items from the wedding that I haven't had a chance to review yet. And another "Beauty of Science" post is stirring around, as well. Woohoo! It's nice to be back.