Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Favorites

I haven't been doing a "monthly favorites" post every month, but that's because it doesn't always get too exciting or different over here. This month, though, I dug out some older items from my train case, and enjoyed them again. Skin conditions and tastes seem to rotate through seasons and time, so it's nice to have a variety of items. This doesn't mean I should own ALL THE THINGS, of course. Ah, well.

TheBalm Nude'Tude palette
I've never been one to use just one color on my lids. This is because I usually opt for pale, champagne lid colors (like Stila Kitten), and it needs a bit of something in the crease for balance. Lately, though, I've been using a shade like Schitzo in this palette, and I was surprised by how much I love it! I've been going through the shades in this palette lately, simply because they're all so neutral and lovely.

Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise and Solstice Scents Nightgown
I've been pairing these two together all month (that little perfume sample vial lasts a long time!); the fresh, zesty Vanilla & Anise adds a breath of fresh air to the slightly green, romantically sweet Nightgown, and it has been divine in the summer.

Guerlain Terracotta Sun Shimmer Highlighting Blush in Sunny Pink*
I find that liquid/cream blushes sit more naturally on top of foundations/tinted moisturizers with really dewy finishes - like the Dior in this post. I think this is a great product - really hard to mess up. My original review is here.

Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint SPF 20
I dug this out of the train case and started to use it because my skin was feeling drier than normal. It has a very wet finish, but I've done a few FOTDs with it recently and it has garnered a lot of compliments. It's not quite my favorite over all because of the moist finish, but in the summer - when I'm also faintly more tan - it's quite nice. The original review is here.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
This color may or may not be slightly too dark for me, but I think it's okay for now. I bought it a while ago but recently just dug it out again. With the Dior tinted moisturizer, I can use this without concealer on the undereye area. Conceals without making the undereye area look ashy and with minimal creasing, so I've been using it daily.

Rouge d'Armani Plum 609
Aside from the fact that the color is divine, I am also really impressed with the lipstick's formula. I've already looked into a few more shades. It's not creamy, but it feels comfortable on the lips and this shade, at least, lasts for a very long time with minimal transfer. I've been into bold lips this month, and as fall sneaks in, I imagine this will get more and more wear. Find my review here, and another FOTD here.

L'oreal Voluminous Power Volume Collagen Waterproof Mascara
My new favorite. I'll have a review up soon.

I realize that I feature a lot of the same products throughout the year in my monthly favorites posts, but this is because I'm really making an effort to go through things I own and give them some loving. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it so far! And aside from skincare, the only thing I bought this past month was the Rouge d'Armani. Pretty good, right?

What's the last "previously-lost-in-the-stash" product that you've begun to enjoy again? What were your stand-out products this past month?

*Item won in a brand-sponsored giveaway on Twitter.