Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dior Shadow - On Friendship

When I first saw photos of Dior Shadow, I was torn - it looked beautiful, but I was trying not to splurge too much, so I ultimately decided against it. As more reviews came up, I wavered, but at that point, it was already sold out at Nordstrom, so that was that.
In sunlight, you can see that shy sparkle. It's reddish-gold.
Enter Liz (or Lizbob, if you like. We like!). She sent me a wedding gift, and lo and behold: Dior Shadow.
More sparkle! I apologize for the mess.

I am so in love. The barely-there shimmer has been a point of contention, because it's only just visible; in natural light, Shadow looks like a dusty eggplant cream, since there aren't any glitter particles or big chunky sparkles. It's dark enough to be vampy, but still has an understated elegance to it. And then when light hits the surface, the shy shimmer comes to life - kind of like how some people can come alive, under the right circumstances. Once you get to know Shadow, she's lovely.
The shimmer is a little less visible here - you can see how it would be classified as "vampy" now.
I've met a lot of great people through blogging, and I'm glad for the chance to make connections - and see people reveal their "secret shimmer." I'm so thankful to have met all of you! Here's to all of you.

And thank you, Liz. <3