Monday, October 22, 2012

Annabelle BB Compact Makeup Gives a Lovely Glow

One of the products I purchased in Canada was Annabelle's BB Compact Makeup. I remember Tracy raving about it, and I ended up using it for my entire stay in Vancouver. 
Mine is Light-Medium. It only comes in two shades: Light-Medium and Medium-Dark.
It's a lightweight powder that comes with a two-sided poof/sponge - the "velvet" side is for light coverage, and the sponge side is for heavier coverage. I used the velvet side while in Vancouver, because I hadn't brought a face brush with me, but now that I'm at home with my full arsenal (which isn't very large, ha!), I just use the Real Techniques Buffing brush.
"Velvet" side. This is the little compartment under the powder pan; it has a mirror and space for the sponge.

Doesn't seem sparkly, right?
I have to say that I was surprised by how sparkly the powder is. Don't get me wrong - it gives my face a beautiful, natural finish that I really love. I only noticed the sparkles because I was applying it under strong lights in the hotel bathroom. And apparently there were intense lights in the elevator, as well, because S. commented that I was "sparkly." From a normal viewing distance, though, it's really a lovely finish, and it's lightweight. It also doesn't make my face feel powdery or dry, and it doesn't look powdery. I'd compare it to MAC's MSFN, though I think I like this even better at the moment. The MAC MSFN can sometimes look powdery or emphasize dry bits, and this doesn't seem to do that. I'd say the two are really close, though, so you don't need both. Oops.
Not a normal FOTD shot, but I figured it's okay because it was a honeymoon shot! We were on Granville Island.
Face: Bobbi Brown Corrector in
Peach, Annabelle BB Compact Makeup
Cheeks: Senna Cosmetics Très Jolie
Brows: MUFE Aqua Brow #25
Eyes: theBalm Nude'Tude palette, Benefit Magic Ink, Urban Decay Bourbon, L'oreal Voluminous Power Volume Waterproof Mascara
Lips: Annabelle Volume Lip Coralicious
The ingredients can be found on Annabelle's site (woohoo!). I purchased mine in a Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for $16.99 CAN, I think. The unfortunate thing is that it's difficult to find elsewhere; there is a list of places where it can be purchased on Annabelle's site. It appears that if you are in the US, you can call and place an order; there is a minimum of $30 CAN, but you can combine items from Marcelle, as well, to hit the minimum. Shipping is quite high, however. Perhaps you can find a friendly Canadian? :D
We rode an Aquabus to get to Granville. It's a really short ride, but it's really convenient. They're a little ridiculous looking, though, haha.