Monday, September 24, 2012

The Lipstick Bandits Go Incognito

As in, we're trading in our bright red lipsticks for something a little less conspicuous. Sometimes you want something subdued, like when you want to rock a smoky eye - your lips should not compete. We've got you covered! That's right, lovelies. We're tackling nude lips today.
And that means I'm bringing out the big guns. Dior. Rouge Dior Angelique Beige, to be exact. I've already reviewed this, but now you know that I do use my lipsticks, ha! To be clear, when I talk about a nude lipstick, I'm talking about a shade that matches my complexion, not necessarily the natural color of my lips. This one is slightly pinker, but I think the faint pearl it has reflects light in a flattering way, which means we skip the corpse face look.
I decided to pair it with a typical smoky eye - dark browns and soft peaches, blended together to create drama. I think it's an eye look that everyone can put together, and it's great with a nude lip. I think I do need a bit of color in my cheeks to offset the nude lip, so I did not skip blush.
Man, I need to get myself one of those fancy lighting set-ups.
Face: Chanel Perfection Lumière B20, MAC
Stratus Mineralize Blush
Eyes: theBalm Nude'Tude palette, L'oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Waterproof Mascara
And now, off to see what the other bandits picked! (A few of us are missing due to real life getting in the way, but remember to give them some love, too!)
(Confused about this whole Lipstick Bandit thing? See our original posts).