Saturday, September 22, 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection

This is the last set of Real Techniques brushes that I have for you. I've reviewed the Stippling Brush and the Starter set; this is the Core Collection. It is composed of four face brushes: a Contour brush, a Pointed Foundation brush, a Detailer brush, and a Buffing brush. Again, these brushes are made with Taklon fibers - they're soft, not scratchy, and cruelty-free. The handles are also labeled appropriately, so you know what each brush was intended to do.
L-R: Contour, Pointed Foundation, Detailer, Buffing brushes. They also come in a 2-in-1 case/stand.
I will admit that these brushes don't see much use, because I use my fingers for liquid foundation and concealer, and I don't know how to contour. I use the buffing brush for my MAC MSFN but I think I prefer the Ecotools kabuki; I do like using the buffing brush to just tap some powder over undereye concealer, though, as it has a smaller head and is softer than the kabuki on the eye area. I was hoping that the liquid foundation brush would somehow enlighten me, but it seems to perform the same as similarly shaped brushes; this is a good thing if you like those, as this is an affordable option.

I like having them but probably could have passed on this set. If you use a lot of face brushes, this is a steal, but if not - save your money for the eye sets or finishing brushes. I personally want a couple of the new eye brushes, as well.

This set retails for $17.99 at Ulta and Fred Meyer, and also on Amazon, I believe.