Monday, August 13, 2012

Solstice Scents Summer Scrubbies

Well, okay, so I didn't actually get any sort of exfoliating scrubs. But the title just needed to be used. I ordered two whipped soaps and two body ganaches (lotions) from Solstice Scents after they released their summer collection, because I needed more bath goodies and who doesn't want Root Beer Float whipped soap? Like last time, my items shipped quickly, I received tracking information, and they arrived intact, packed very nicely. I love the way they pack their orders - such attention to detail!
The whipped soaps come in 8 oz tubs, and the body ganaches come in 4 oz tubs. The whipped soap seems like it will last me quite a while, though, as I only need a little bit per use.

I have only ordered perfumes in the past, so this is the first time I'm trying any of their other products. I chose whipped soaps in Root Beer Float and Tropical Moon, and Body Ganaches in Lavender Vanilla and Savannah; I think Lavender Vanilla is the only one that is part of their core line.

I haven't tried the body lotions yet (I'm still working on another one - I like to have only one open at a time) but the whipped soap is rather divine. It's frothy, like...whipped...soap. Ha! It's like bubbles with more substance. It's hard to explain, but it's magnificent. Kind of like shaving cream, I guess. Or...whipped marshmallows? Without being sticky, of course. It lathers up pretty well for something that is SLS free, and I feel clean without feeling like all the moisture has been stripped from my skin. I would definitely repurchase these. The one I have open right now is Root Beer Float, which smells quite like the real thing, though perhaps lacking the sweet cream finish. A bit medicinal, as well, so if that's not your thing, you probably wouldn't enjoy this one. I like it, though the scent doesn't linger after the shower. That's fine with me, though, because then it's lotion time, anyway.

The products range in price depending on the ingredients used, I believe. Whipped soaps seem to go from $8.75 - $9.75; the Body Ganaches from $8.50 - $10.00. All of the ingredients are listed on the product page, which makes me very happy.

If you're looking for indie bath products, I'd definitely give these a look. Solstice Scents stocks a variety of scents and products (whipped soaps, lotions, perfume oils, scrubs, etc.) and though some scents do sell out (especially from their seasonal releases), they often restock popular items. You also get a free perfume sample with each order; this time, I chose Nightgown, and omgdivine. More of that will be coming home to me at some point, I promise. Tropical Moon is supposed to be the summer counterpart to Nightgown, so I'm excited about that soap as well. All in all, happy happy Larie! And clean, yummy-smelling Larie.