Friday, August 3, 2012

Empties + Rejects V7

It's that time again! Once you get into a rhythm, you just kind of keep going through products. Especially if you aren't buying anything new! This series of empties is kind of blah...but I guess they can't all be wildly exciting.

Empties
Also, another random face mask.

Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Shower gel
I used to like this scent, and now I don't. Hahaha. As I keep saying, I'm just trying to power through these things. I don't like them much any more, as I find that my skin sometimes feels tingly afterward and the smell isn't long-lasting or anything. A few more to go!

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens, sample pack
Hahahaha it kind of cracks me up that this took me so long to finish. It only has 25 sheets! I only use them when it's warm out and I have to run around doing stuff; that tends to make my face all oily. So I blot. AND BLOT. Now they are finally all gone. I have the peppermint pack from the holidays (when they are $5 and a steal!) so now I've moved on to that. Based on the amount of time this one took me to finish, I should be done with that one in five years.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
A drugstore bargain that works just as well as many others that I've tried. It's a dual-phase remover, and I like it.  No weird packaging or anything, and absurdly cheap. Win! Already repurchased.

Rejects

Sephora Outrageous Volume mascara, sample
Another mascara that I received as a 100 pt perk from Sephora. It does give me a volume boost, but it smudges a lot. I tried keeping it around for a few weeks to see if it got better with time, as I hear some mascaras do, but nope. Still really wet, very smudgy. I do think part of my problem is that I wear a very emollient eye cream, so if you don't, this will probably work wonders for you!

Alba Deep Sea Facial Mask
I used this a few times (purchased it a while ago), but it smells really strongly and I'm pretty sure it gives me a rash, so I'm chucking it. It was only a few bucks at Ulta, so I don't feel bad, and I have no idea what else to do with it. It's thick and pasty, and feels okay, but rashes are no good.

Emilio Pucci Miss Pucci deluxe sample
Something I received from Sephora as a perk at some point. It starts off light and citrusy, but then winds down to smell like Givenchy's Very Irrésistible L'Intense, which I don't like.  No point in keeping a sample of something I dislike, so out it goes.

Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash mascara sample
Another 100 pt perk from Sephora. I am trying to find my HG mascara, okay? The problem with this one is that it smudges on me, because of issues I just mentioned above. It's a shame, because I really actually like this one - it gives me the illusion of fuller lashes, without clumping or getting crunchy.

Well, that's it for this month! This is also a good way for me to keep track of how long something lasts (like makeup remover, for example), so I guess the empties posts do serve another purpose besides (hopefully) short and sweet reviews.