Friday, July 6, 2012

My First Dior Lip Gloss: Orange Pareo

It is everything I wanted. Sheer but significantly orange, non-sticky, sparkly. The shine lasts for a couple of hours and the color lasts a bit longer, but the texture never becomes tacky or gritty or gunky, and the glitter never builds up or overwhelms. Also: there are orange sparkles in this. Silver and orange. I'm usually not a fan of glittery lip products, but there's just something about summer and sparkles.

This one had been on my wishlist ever since promotional photos for the Dior 2012 Summer Collection came out, and I have waited patiently for it. The day the ban was up, I snagged it, as well as another Dior goodie. I've only had it for a few weeks, but I've been wearing it daily - it's become a summer staple! Sometimes the glitter can make it seem a bit more dramatic than it should be, but that's okay. I still love it. It's just so cheery and juicy. It's a tangerine shade on my lips - not pink at all, and not milky-opaque, so it's quite different than Revlon Coral Reef. If you want to take part in the orange trend but don't wanna go with something too bright, this is a good way to ease into it. Also, this actually keeps my lips quite comfortable; it never dries them out or gets to be sticky, tacky, gunky. It's lovely!
It can settle into a peachy color after an hour or so, but the color does last and never dries out my lips.
The packaging is pretty and luxe, though I will say it seems like the top doesn't quite align with the tube after the first use (this is the problem with square tubes, people!). It's not a huge deal, though, as it's a very slight misalignment. I only hope it doesn't get any worse! Also, I have to say that I don't really like the brush applicator that this comes with. I find it hard to fill in my lips cleanly with them. Doe feet all the way!

$28 for 0.21 fl oz, at Dior counters. I've apparently been branching out into gloss this summer, so there are a few more that would be nice to have, but I'm not racing out to get them any time soon. I still prefer lipsticks, in general - your hair doesn't stick to your lips when you wear lipstick!

If you need more convincing, see Xiao's review. She's the enabling queen and it is stunning on her.

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, polyglyceryl-e isostearate/dimer dilinoleate copolymer, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, C18-36 acid triglyceride, calcium sodium borosilicate, polyethylene terephthalate, ethylhexyl palmitate, acrylates copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, glass beads, propylene carbonate, propyl gallate, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tin oxide, trihydroxystearin, bht, butylene glycol, parfum (fragrance), caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sodium hyaluronate, hexylene glycol, tocopherol.
[+/-]: CI 12085 (red 36, red 36 lake), CI 15850 (red 6, red 7, red 7 lake), CI 15985 (yellow 6, yellow 6 lake), CI 19140 (yellow 5, yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (blue 1 lake), CI45380 (red 21, red 21 lake, red 22 lake), CI 45410 (red 27, red 27 lake, red 28 lake), CI 73360 (red 30, red 30 lake), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77742 (manganese violet).