Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Favorites

Last month, I didn't do a favorites post, because I found myself using the same things I had already posted about numerous times. Creature of habit, I suppose. This time, I changed things up a bit, so I do have something to show you!

Tarina Tarantino Wonderful Palette
Every time I use this, I'm so pleased - the quality of the shadows is so lovely. This month, I tried using the middle copper shade as an all-over lid color, and I was surprised by how much I loved it! I usually avoid warm coppers like this. This became my favorite eye combo for July - copper all over the lid, the dark brown in the crease, finished with liner and a highlight. I got quite a number of compliments on it, too. You can find my original review of the palette here.

Dior Aurora bronzer
I've forgotten the full name of this bronzer (it's a mouthful, as usual), but I have not forgotten what an awesome glow it gives me. It's perfect for a sun-kissed finish, and doubles as blush if I want a subtler shade on my cheeks. Another go-to this month.

MAC Early Morning blush
This one slips into my monthly favorites quite often, and I'm sorry about that, as it was LE. However, it's a good one, and I imagine you can find similar shades. It's a reddish coral and quite a favorite of mine. Since I've been using warmer colors this month, it's a good complement. Original review is here.

Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural 37
I will do a full feature and review on this soon, but for right now, all I will say is it's a gorgeous, relaxed peach shade. Kind of like Revlon Super Lustrous Coral Reef, but less intense, and in a dreamy lipstick formula. I love.

YSL Rouge Volupte in Forbidden Burgundy
Vampy shades are already on my mind, so I've been putting this to use. It's not quite as dark or purple/red as I'd like a truly vampy lipstick to be, but it's still a juicy, beautiful berry shade. My original review is here.

Sweet Anthem Lizie perfume oil
This is just a sample size (although these last quite a long time!) and I'm always surprised by how much I love Lizie - it has notes of "dirt," after all! Who'd have thought? It's the perfect summer scent, even if it is not S.'s favorite ("Dirt? What? Why?") and I heart it. My original review is here.

I've put a lot of emphasis on using things I already own in these past several months, and I'm really happy about that. It makes me feel like they were worthy purchases, you know? I am getting a bit of the shopping itch, but then I think about my upcoming honeymoon, and I am able to hold off a little bit. Which isn't to say that I've cut myself completely off. I ordered a couple of non-beauty items from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, because they had a few pieces that I've been looking out for, so I felt that was reasonable - the sales were significant. But I didn't spend too much money overall, so I feel good.

What were your favorites in July?