Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Quite Like Being Green!

Essie Mojito Madness, two coats, with an OPI base coat and an Essie top coat. This photo was taken with flash.
I'll be honest: I don't like mojitos. And although I like green eye shadow, green nail polish and I never really seem to get on all that well. There are some shades that I like in theory, but on me, not so much. I figured Essie Mojito Madness* would be one such shade, but surprisingly, I really like it. It's the perfect kelly green - it has just enough blue and just enough yellow in it to be flattering and fresh. It's a cream, and has an almost pastel hue that I adore.
Photo taken under Ottlite. you can see where the layers are a bit thick, though surprisingly this didn't change the dry time too much.

It's not the easiest formula to work with; it's quite thick and if you don't wait completely between coats, you'll have some dragging. If you look closely, you can see some bare spots where this occurred. It dried fairly quickly despite this, though, which is curious. I did try to make sure it dried in between coats, but I'm impatient, so I didn't entirely succeed.

This is part of Essie's "Bikini So Teeny" Summer 2012 collection, and I received it for free as a Klout perk (the shade was chosen randomly for me). From what I've seen, I really like the colors in this collection - bright, cheerful creams - but I'm not sure I'll pick up any more, just because I'm trying to cut down on spending. They retail for $8.00 at most drugstores, though prices sometimes vary depending on sales, etc. Did you pick up any from the collection?

*Item was received for free as a Klout perk.