Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Hunt for a Nude: Nails Edition

I think this is a quest that most women have been on at some point - the hunt for "nude" shades, for both lips and tips. I think most of us know the trouble that can be encountered on such a quest, so I won't elaborate any further. I did, however, just find my nude lipstick, so I thought perhaps my luck would hold out and I would find my nude nail polish, too. I sort of did. It's great, but not perfect.
Zoya Avery, won in a Zoya-sponsored sweepstakes last holiday season. Two coats, with top coat. It's completely opaque and the formula is fuss-free.
This is Zoya Avery*. This is really a neutral, I think, more than a "nude," if you think about the fact that my nails naturally have a rather pink tinge to them. It's a latte-colored polish that I actually quite like, even though I know it's not the most flattering shade against my skin. I think it'd be fabulous dressed up with some glitter, but I haven't been in the mood for glitter, lately. Still, it's a nice shade to have when I want to have some color on my nails, but I don't want to draw attention to them. Other suitable shades would be a soft pink like Julep Jennifer, or a slightly more peachy nude like Sinful Colors Satin.

What's your go-to neutral shade for nails? Is it a true nude for your skintone, or do you prefer neutrals with some hint of other color (e.g. gray, beige, tan, etc.)?

*Items marked with a star were won in a company-sponsored sweepstakes-style giveaway.