Sunday, July 1, 2012

Empties + Rejects V6

Another round! Finished up some more products this time, and I have to admit, I was just dying to get rid of some of them. There were just too many things going on, and I wanted to simplify my routine and try some new things that I had waiting around.

Empties
Korres Body Butter in Quince, trial size*
This one is very strongly scented. The little tube lasted me quite a while, actually, but it was just meh to me. Not something I'd purchase. I've moved into indie body butters and such, and they're really exciting so far!

Julep Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub
Got this in that one lone Julep box I purchased for $0.01 last year. It's not bad, but I don't think I need to purchase a separate hand scrub. Using this did make me realize that hands need some care, too, though, so from now on I will try to continue to use my facial scrub on my hands in the shower daily. Or every other day. Or something.

Zoya Remove+ Big Flipper Bottle (8 oz)
I've had this one for over a year; it's the only remover I use now. I don't change my nails as frequently as some, but more frequently than others, ha. I'd say about every week or so, perhaps? I'm trying to give my nails a break more often recently, though. This one is nice; it removes polish quickly, and doesn't smell quite as awful as other versions. I know I could make my own with acetone and glycerin, but like I said, this has lasted me more than a year, and Zoya does promos often enough that I can usually score a bottle for a good price. I have another bottle, hurray!

Sephora Long-lasting liner in 01 Black
A matte black liquid liner, I've used this for quite a while now (and done some crazy things with it). It was starting to get goopy and didn't apply continuous lines any more, so I'm calling it empty. This one is good, but I went back to Benefit Magic Ink, which is my favorite black liner (comparison coming).

Expired


Clinique Buttershine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream
I like it, but it's really, really, really old. One of the first lipsticks I ever purchased, for some event or other. I probably wore it once or twice, but it's just...so old. Gotta go! Maybe in the future I'll try another, as I remember it being fairly comfortable to wear.

Rejects

Sephora Full Effect mascara sample

Another flaker. Didn't do much for me and I wasn't impressed. Flakies aren't worth it, and it was a free sample, so I'm ditching it.

Korres Wild Rose Moisturizing and Brightening Cream*
I gave this a fair go (used most of the tube), but I think it was contributing to a weird bout of breakouts that I had. It smells great, though, and felt pretty moisturizing.

Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base
I've had this forever and finally decided to try to use it up. I gave it a shot for a week or so, but had to give up. It's a mediocre primer; it does a good job of evening out the color of my lids, but anything I put over it fades and creases after a work day. My NARS primer works much better, so out this goes. No need to hang onto stuff that doesn't work.

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Katie
This was a Sephora sample I had sitting around. I finally opened it and tried it out, but I could only wear it once. The color and texture and wear were fine - I actually liked that - but the smell. I could not take it. It was this weirdly synthetic bad, bad, bad smell that made me feel kind of nauseous. Out it goes!

Well, that rounds out this month! I'm clearing out more products and ditching stuff I never use. Feels good! Also, there are a few things still kicking around in my blog sale. I dropped some prices, as well.

*Item marked with a star was received as a gift.