Monday, June 11, 2012

A Love Song for Marcelle BB Cream

Well, actually, no, there is no song. Also, there will be no shots of my bare face. Because there are already enough scary things on the Internet, and we don't need to be traumatized on a Monday morning, do we? However, I'm not feeling like the most loquacious person lately, so perhaps we'll try a more succinct review today.

This is Marcelle's BB Cream in Light/Medium; Tracy sent it to me, because she knew how much I wanted to try it. I've been using it every day since I got it, so that should say something, right? It's part of my daily summer face (post on the rest of it coming up soon!). I decided to be one of the lone non-Canadians to review it; Tracy said I should write with proper spelling, but those "u" fellows are crazy characters. Who can keep track of them?
Left to right: A dot of BB cream, the spread out a little, then completely blended out.
To see detailed descriptions of this BB cream's aspirations, see Tracy's post and Rae's post. When I received it, I played around with it a bit, trying to see what works best. I find that it sinks into my skin best right after I moisturize, but if I do let some time lapse between the two applications, I just spray a bit of MAC Fix+ on my face, and that works just as well. One pump is enough to cover my whole face (squeeze the tube as you pump to avoid squirting! This protip was brought to you by Dani, haha); it doesn't fully cover up sun spots or discoloration, but the overall skin tone is evened out and my skin looks better. It's fresher, not as sallow. Oh, and I noticed that this minimizes the appearance of pores, without looking filled in (no filled in craters here)!

The color match is great, and it's neither excessively dry nor dewy - one of those happy mediums. I add a bit of concealer to my panda eyes, and dust off my whole face with MAC MSFN Medium, buffing out areas of redness for a little extra coverage. I have also worn the BB cream alone with great results. I don't get oily throughout the day, but oil build-up is not usually a problem for me, so I can't really comment on the oil control aspect.
Here, I'm wearing Marcelle BB Cream, a bit of concealer under my eyes, and a light dusting of MAC MSFN Medium all over my face. You can see that it doesn't cover up all of my spots, but it's a nice, sheer, glow. (For the curious, the red is MAC Runaway Red).
They are coming out with an SPF version, though this one might be good for photo days as a primer. I am going to try it under Smashbox Studio Skin to see how well it serves that function - will be sure to update you. This is a current love for me, so if you can get your hands on it, I'd highly recommend it. It comes in three shades and can be purchased online for USA residents; shipping is free over $50, so you might wanna add a few other Marcelle goodies to your cart if you decide to pick this up.