Friday, June 22, 2012

Lips + Tips: Fuchsia

On lips: MAC Lickable; on tips: Sinful Colors Feeling Great.
The matchy-matchy trend hit again this spring with Dior's Addict Extremes + Vernis sets, and MAC's Fashion Sets. I didn't indulge in either of those (there may be a "yet" attached to that, as the Dior Riviera set seems like a great thing to put on a birthday list, no?) but that doesn't mean I can't participate in the trend. I was feeling fuchsia, so I went with some old favorites: MAC Lickable (cremesheen) lipstick, and Sinful Colors Feeling Great. Both are happy fuchsias, though Lickable has a bit of a purple, pearlescent sheen that you can see in the photo above. In contrast, Feeling Great is a basic cream, opaque in two coats.

I had fun with this combo, and I think I'll try it again with some other colors. Except I don't have a red cream polish! And too many red lipsticks...

What do you think of the lips + tips trend? Do you have a favorite combination?