Monday, June 25, 2012

A Healthy Dragon Has Shiny Scales!

A England Dragon*. A gorgeous, gorgeous emerald green holo. This is two coats over an OPI base coat, no top coat.
I'm sure you've all seen this one by now, but I finally put it on so I had to share. You know how sometimes, you have things that are so pretty, you don't even know how to use it? Or what the occasion might be? And that, my friends, is why this is so late. I just stared at its sparkly glory in the bottle for a very long time.
The formula is a bit thick, but it's also fairly easy to work with and coverage is opaque in two coats.


But I finally put it on, and then I ogled at the pretty in person - it's so sparkly! The green base color is so rich, and the holo is so obvious - it's completely eye catching. And then, for whatever silly reason, I decided to mattify that.
Mattified with Rimmel's Pro Matte Finish Mattifying Top Coat (which I received as a gift). Still speckled, but now it just looks a bit foiled.

Big mistake. The holo died. It was if that glorious deep fire had just fizzled out - poof! In the photo it still looks like the holo is visible, but in person, my nails just became a deep, matte green. It wasn't ugly, exactly, but it kind of reminded me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle nails. They're pretty awesome and all, but I don't think I want to take fashion advice from them. Or fashion inspiration. I lamented the loss of my sparklies.

Next time: no matte coat. And there will be a next time, my pretties. So. Green.

Available from A England, which offers free shipping worldwide.

*Items marked with a star were sent by the company for evaluation.