Monday, May 7, 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag: Travel Edition

We are traveling today, so I thought I'd show you what I'm taking with me. It's a short trip, so I tried to keep the makeup bag trim. Especially since we aren't checking a bag.

Here are the cosmetics that I am bringing with me. I try to limit the liquids for the sake of being able to take everything in a carry-on.

The Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette contains a nice smattering of neutral colors for everyday looks, and the greens will add a pop of color if I want it. The dark brown also doubles as a decent brow shade, so I don't need to take a separate brow color. I am taking the MAC Brow Set, though (it turned cloudy because of the trace amounts of foundation that get on the brush, I suppose?). I'm also taking black liquid liner and a dark brown pencil eye liner, because they are basics and I can't go without eyeliner. And primer, of course.

For my face, I am taking MAC MSFN in Medium and the Smashbox High Definition Concealer; I prefer to travel with powder when I can, and the concealer will help touch up my dark under eye circles. I'm also bringing one blush with me - a powder, again, for TSA purposes. This one is MAC Fresh Honey.

For lips, just Fresh balm (not pictured) and MAC Narcissus, a cremesheen gloss that I've been wearing frequently for its juicy finish and unique color.

These are the brushes that are coming along; I'm keeping it simple. A brow brush, an angled brush to fill in my brows, a retractable kabuki for my powder, a blush brush, and a Sephora eye shadow brush (the one that came in this kit is too flat for my liking). I removed the concealer brush; I rarely use it, and why take something I don't need? The brush wrap is also a pouch which I can stuff the kabuki into. Everything then goes into my LeSportSac makeup bag, which is lightweight but durable (not pictured).

As far as skincare goes, I'm taking a travel sized Boscia cleansing oil, a travel sized Clinique liquid facial soap, a mini Clinique moisturizing gel, Clinique Super City Block SPF 40, and I pumped a little bit of my current eye cream into a mini jar. Those all go into a Ziploc bag, along with contact solution and extra contacts. And that's it, folks! I've got some posts scheduled but I probably won't be able to get to your comments until after I get home.

What do you travel with? Do you have a bare minimum that you are willing to strip down to for travel, or do you try to stay prepared for everything?