Friday, May 4, 2012

Green Eyes, Several Ways

I had a lot of fun doing the orange version, so I decided to do green next, as I also love green eyeshadow and feel that it's not utilized as often as it could be. Here is green, four ways. First, the tools:
Clockwise from top: Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette; Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on liners in Junkie, Mildew, Covet; Annabelle Smoothie pencil in Down to Earth; Shiro Cosmetics Link, Bulbasaur; Fyrinnae Jade Ghost

This might seem like a lot, but I want to emphasize that you don't need to own several shades of green if you'd rather not. I happen to be a green shadow fiend. If you just own one, mix it in with some neutrals, foil it as liner, use it as a single wash of color - the possibilities are still endless.


Look #1: Emerald Over and Under
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow BaseFyrinnae Jade Ghost (pearly pale green)
Shiro Cosmetics 
Bulbasaur (emerald green)
Sephora Long-lasting Liner, 
01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner in Covet (emerald green)
Lining the lower lashline is a pain and I rarely do it, but it really increased the vibrancy of this green look. It looks a bit over the top here, but actually, paired with just some lip balm, it was completely wearable. Of course, my idea of wearable is probably different than yours. The jewel-toned liner helped my eyes pop, I think; Covet is one of my favorites, and I need to use it more often. I actually really liked this look, and must repeat it.

Look #2: A Neutral Green
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Tarina Tarantino 
Wonderful palette (pale gold, warm gold, dark green, dark brown)
Sephora Long-lasting Liner, 
01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner in Bourbon (sparkly rich brown)
This one is not obviously green; it kind of looks like it's just a very warm gray in the outer edges. With brown eye liner, it becomes more of a work-friendly green look, and I like it. Bonus: it only uses one palette.

Look #3: Autumn?
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Tarina Tarantino 
Wonderful palette (warm gold, dark green)
Sephora Long-lasting Liner, 
01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner in Mildew
Clearly, I like gold eye shadow. This one is a bit coppery, though, actually. I felt like it was a nice warm combo, something to brighten the eyes against the mossy green at the edges and along the lashline. I think I would try it again with either brown or gold eye liner.

Look #4: Smoky Olive

NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Annabelle 
Down to Earth Smoothie Pencil
Sephora Long-lasting Liner in 
01 Black, 10 Glitter Khaki
Annabelle's Down to Earth gets blended all over the lid (these pencils do not blend as easily as I'd like - looking for a dupe!) for an easy wash of color. I added a double winged liner in black and Glitter Khaki for an extra kick. This is one of my favorite, go-to looks, for day or night. It's not so dark that it overwhelms in the day time, and it's just dramatic enough for night, as well.

There you go, four green looks that you can try! Are these EOTD color posts helpful in any way? Would you like to see more of them? I think I got a few requests for blue...