Friday, May 18, 2012

Coral Corral (Tee Hee!)

I wasn't really feeling the coral trend until I bought Revlon Coral Reef - then it just kind of exploded in my face - and on it. I realized how well the Dior Aurora + Guerlain Sunny Pink* combo complemented the Revlon gloss, and coral became part of my new favorite look; it pairs so well with brightly colored outfits and it just feels so cheerful.
Clockwise from top left: Dior Aurora, Revlon Coral Reef, Guerlain Sunny Pink*, Fyrinnae Romantique, Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions, Bare Escentuals Citrus Twist.
There actually aren't a lot of corals in my train case. The bigger sad? No coral nail polish! My eye is totally on Dior Riviera, but that'll have to wait. For the moment, I'm still enjoying these things. Not all at once, mind you. But it's nice to have variations on a theme.
Dior Aurora on its own is not coral, but when I layer Guerlain Sunny Pink* over it, I get a beautiful coral cheek color that lasts and lasts.

My favorite combo at the moment consists of earthy eyes (think the Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette), a coral cheek (Guerlain Sunny Pink* layered over Dior Aurora, à la Wandz), and a juicy coral lip (Revlon Coral Reef).
Wearing the face combo described above; yes, I reused an FOTD photo, but hey, I'm being efficient.
Sometimes, I'll play around with Fyrinnae Romantique on lips; Romantique is peachy gold, but can be almost a shimmery MLBB shade when paired with the right face products. Because of the shimmer though, I try to wear it with more matte shades on eyes.  If I'm going with nude lips, I'll bring coral to my eyes: BE Citrus Twist is a pinker coral, while Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions has more gold and a faint green shift. Here's a look:
NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae
Polar Bear (cool gold), Rapunzel Had Extensions (gold coral), BE Citrus Twist
Sephora Long-lasting Liquid liner in 01 Black
Urban Decay El Dorado liner
Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash in Black Opal

What colors have you been loving lately? Are you on a coral kick, too? Or have you moved on to something else?

*Items marked with a star were won in a company-sponsored sweepstakes.