Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palette in Wonderful

So, I'm pretty sure that if I stopped reading Temptalia, I would stop buying makeup.

Maybe. I'd also prolly have to stop reading the rest of the Lipstick Bandits' blogs, and various other ones. It's prolly a lost cause, actually.

But Temptalia's review of this palette is what made me purchase it (a loooooong time ago. Why do we do that? Let things sit around?). I'd never paid much attention to Tarina Tarantino's makeup collection before, because it just looks all pink and sparkly and...that's not quite my thing. It seems like the line has been revamped, though, and now there are actually a lot of items that tempt me: the lip conditioners, the liners, the Jewel Eyeshadow palettes...I'll stop there.

It was a toss-up between this one and Dreamy, but I decided I'd rather have the greens. I like greens. And this palette does not disappoint. The texture is very soft, but not powdery, and the pigmentation is incredible. I wore this over NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base (I never wear shadows without primer) and it lasted all day. Well, a day for me is about 12 hours, but it's not like it was on its last legs when I removed it. Here are the swatches.
Swatched with a finger on bare skin. The dark green shade is perhaps not as silky smooth as the others, but it is still easy to use and applies nicely.

And then, an EOTD I did with the palette.
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Tarina Tarantino
Wonderful palette (light gold shade, light green, dark green)
Stila Natural Beauty palette (highlight shade)
Sephora Long-lasting liner in
01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Mildew

This palette is gorgeous, and the quality really is superb. Greens are also very lovely on brown eyes, I find, and I simply have a soft spot for them. I don't know that there's really space for all of the palettes in a collection; a lot of them seem to have similar colors. However, if you find one with colors you like, I'd go for it. The quality is right up there with other shadows I've tried, like Dior (I'd say better and smoother than the Dior quint I have, actually).

The palette is $32.00 for 0.32 oz at Sephora. If you're not overloaded on shadows (oh jeez, who isn't?) and are looking for a nice palette, I'd snap one up! Also, if you're feeling green...give me a couple of days. Green eye looks are on the way.