Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wedding Series FOTD #3: "Natural" Beauty

Whenever I hear "natural beauty," I kind of feel snarky, because well, that implies that there is some beauty already there, doesn't it?

(I know. I sound like a horrible person. I might be. It's not been confirmed yet, but I have my suspicions.)

All I'm saying is, it may be difficult to enhance something that's not there. Which is why I'm loathe to do the "natural" look on myself. I like winged liner, I like bold colors. But you know, this style of makeup has its merits, too. It's at least great to wear around every day, because it doesn't take much thinking and the colors are all easy-to-wear and beautiful. This is probably what I go out with daily, but I tried to put on a little more blush (blush does not photograph, I swear. It only catches on camera when it looks like I have clown cheeks in person, and believe me, that is not a good look) and there is mascara. Okay. Let's roll.
No flash.
And with flash.
Close-up of the eyes.

Face
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium
Chanel Perfection Lumière B20 (under eyes)
MAC Fresh Honey Mineralize Blush

Eyes
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow primer
Stila Kitten, Bare Escentuals Night Owl
Sephora Long-lasting Liquid Liner, 01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner in Underground
Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara, 01 Blackest Black
Milani Brow Tint pen, Dark Brown

Lips
Dior Serum de Rouge in 215 Primrose Crystal (my MLBB lipstick)


If I were to go with this kind of look, I'd definitely put more effort into a full-coverage foundation and concealing, but I was curious to see how the MAC MSFN photographed. Not bad! There would also be false lashes involved, but those things are annoying to put on, so here and in the future, just, erm, imagine them.

S. says he would prefer to see a bit of color in my face, so this one is not his favorite (though it's fine for every day). What are your thoughts? Also, if you have a look you'd like me to try, please let me know! Thanks for stopping by and reading!