Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wedding FOTD #4: Blushing Bride?

I don't blush. But I thought perhaps I'd do a rosy-cheeked look, because I thought it'd pair well with my Hourglass lip stain. It all came together for one of those fresh-faced looks. I think. I'm not sure. I kept the eye makeup minimal and pink-toned, with winged liner. I tried to beat my brows into some semblance of good behavior and added generous amounts of pink blush. I think I need to do more looks like this just for going out. The Hourglass lip stain is one of my absolute favorites, and I need to showcase it more often.

With that said, many of you have expressed that your favorite pick for the big day is red lipstick, and I have to agree. I am still going through a variety of looks, though, because I think it's a fun learning experience and it's giving me a chance to actually use the makeup that I have. I do think I want to go with a red lip, and I will try a few more variations of those, but I'm having fun exploring my options. As always, any thoughts and comments or suggestions are very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!
With flash
No flash.
Face
MAC MSFN in Medium (I wouldn't use this on the actual day; I would use a full coverage foundation)
Chanel Perfection Lumière in B20 (under eyes)
Smashbox Radiance blush

Eyes
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Tarte Jewelry Box soft pink, eggplant matte shades
Sephora Long-lasting liner in 01 Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on liner in Crash
Milani Brow Tint pen in Dark Brown (brows)

Lips
Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (I find a clear balm seals the stain in and keeps it glossy)

I quite like this one, actually, mostly because I really love the Hourglass stain - it's such a beautiful color and it does last. It's also quite fuss-free once it's applied. What do you think? Is this too spring-esque for an autumn wedding? I don't know that I really care about conforming to seasonal standards, but perhaps it should be considered. What say you? Should I focus on fall colors? Are you still voting for a red lip?